Family pictures are great – they help you create and remember fond memories of your loving family. However, this day can get very stressful, and I want to ensure this doesn’t happen. If you’re stressed it will show, and I want your photos to be carefree. Here are some tips you can use on picture day to help you relax:
1. Take some deep breaths. Deep breathing is a common relaxation method. It can quickly calm your stress level and you can do it anywhere. Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, counting slowly in your head while letting it all out.
2. Laugh. Laughter is a great way to release tension. It will also help your family relax to get some genuine smiles. Have everyone pretend to laugh and they will feel so ridiculous that they will actually laugh. This will ease everyone into relaxation mode.
3. Count down slowly (in your head) from 10. Take a deep breath between each number. If you’re still feeling super stressed, start the process over, back at 10.
4. Distract yourself. If your family isn’t cooperating and you are getting stressed, suggest that we play a game or take a walk. This will let some of the energy out and also give us some good interacting photos. Prior to your session, think of a short game that your family would enjoy – it could be something like duck, duck, goose, or dancing to head, shoulders, knees, and toes, etc.
5. Give lots of XOXOs. Not only will these make for cute poses, but one of the most effective ways to relieve stress is to hug someone or to kiss them. Gather your family in a big group hug, or give your husband a kiss and let your worries melt away.
More on Prepping For Your Holiday Mini Session:
Prepping to Ensure a Stress Free Day
Prepping Your Husband For Your Family Session
TAKE ME TO THE TOP
@2019 kelley stinson photography
Valdosta, Thomasville, Tallahassee, jacksonville, jekyll island
FIND YOUR WAY Around
wedding inspiration, awesome engagement sessions, and of course, Cammy!